Monday, July 6, 2009

Going Home

Two of our dearest, eldest, saints will be buried this morning.  Heaven is a bit sweeter today than it was yesterday.  Their funerals are at the same time.  Ed Meyer is preaching one; I’m preaching the other.

 

I’ll be going to Walnut Grove for the burial.  I don’t think I’ve ever been there.  On the way back, I may detour to see Ash Grove, where Randy Moore, our Minister of Media, lives.  He speaks of it as if it were Heaven.  I need to see for myself if this may be the New Jerusalem.

 

Don’t you love the Cardinals?  Pujols is a hitting machine.  I love watching him play.  It doesn’t hurt anything that he is Jesus-full and drug-empty.

 

Over the weekend I finished a good amount of writing on the quasquicentennial book for our church.  I still wish I had more original material to work with, but the story will nevertheless come through loud and clear.

 

I’m still trying to perfect my new blog format.  Please forgive any odd looking layouts.  I’m determined to master this thing.

 

Humor helps.  When will all the rhetorical questions end?  Never slap a man chewing tobacco (what if it’s a woman?).  Never kick a cow chip on a hot day (I don’t recommend it for cold days either).  Always drink upstream from the herd (I suggest you try bottled water).