Saturday, July 4, 2009

Partying

I just came from Lilly Ruth’s second birthday party.  I could literally sit and stare at her for hours.  She is beautiful and perfect in every way.  When we gave her cake to eat, she did not spill one speck on herself.  She was dainty to the end.  Happy birthday, Lilly Ruth.


Speaking of parties, John and Amanda will marry one week from today.  You as a church have prayed for us, served us, carried us through dark waters, and loved us every step of the way these last 18 months.  Now we hope you will come party with us.  Without you, we would not have made it this far.


I have journeyed to cemeteries, seeking the gravesites of Second Baptist charter members.  I’m not doing real well thus far.  Writing the history of our church, though, is about as much fun as I’ve had on a project in a long time.


I’m preaching on Lincoln tomorrow morning.  The sermon will last about 35 minutes, which will make it one of the longest sermons I’ve preached in years.  Remember, they who endure to the end shall be saved.