Friday, March 26, 2010

Prayerwalking Conclusions

I've now prayerwalked my block five times. I am drawing some definite
conclusions.


I don't think there's any extra merit or some kind of magical power in
walking as we pray. However, I do see some spin-off benefits of
praying on-site with insight.


It slows my praying. I pray regularly over a list of neighbors' names,
but sometimes I do it with lightning speed. Prayerwalking gives me
opportunity to take time to focus my prayers.


Prayerwalking gives us a chance to see neighbors outdoors and talk
with them. Another thing it's doing for our church is, it is bringing
us together to join in united prayer for outsiders.


At Second we have 399 people who are praying over their neighborhoods.
That's a good number of people praying, who might not otherwise be
praying. Pray on. Walk on.


Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall