Thursday, May 6, 2010

Church Planting Novice

I am safely home after a roundtrip visit to Kansas City. My task was
to preach to Baptist KC area Pastors on the subject of. . .you won't
believe it. . . church planting.


Word has begun to circulate about Second's new church starts: San
Francisco, Bolivar, Strafford, Greene County next Easter, etc. I fear
people may be tempted to think I'm proficient in church planting.


Nothing could be further from the truth. I am a novice, franticly
reading, talking, and learning every other way I possibly can. This is
new territory to me. It's a pilgrimage Second and I will have to take
together, one step at a time.


Ruth made the trip with me. Made the journey a piece of Heaven for me.
She went to Bannister Mall to shop, but it was closed, out of
business, buildings torn down. For a shopper, devastation like this
can be disconcerting.


Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall