Thursday, August 11, 2011

$5000

I was sitting at my desk when the call came. "A real estate developer found the original logs to Old Bethel in a barn he is tearing down to build a subdivision.  He plans to sell the logs for use as mantles, but will wait a couple of days to see if we want to buy them for $5000."

This kind of phone call radically affects your day.  I kicked into hyper-drive, calling church leaders as fast as I could.  Before day's end I felt confident enough to say Second would pay for the logs. It's the boldest decision I made as Pastor at Second without going through all the proper channels.  I'm grateful for a loving, supportive church.

Yesterday Ruth and I visited the newly constructed Old Bethel Church building near Jackson MO.  The $5000 we invested in this historic site was well spent.  Huzzah, Second Baptist.  I love being your Pastor.

Twitter @john316marshall
Facebook  john316marshall