Monday, July 22, 2013

Legends





Dr. John 3:16 Marshall, Pastor
Second Baptist Church
3111 E. Battlefield Road
Springfield MO 65804
417-887-3111 x110

Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshallOne of our favorite family stories entails how my beautiful mother got a straight up and down scar in the middle of her forehead.

She and her brother decided to race around a church building in opposite directions. When they crashed into each other, Mom ended up with blood pouring from her forehead. Grandma thought Mom would die, but she survived, with only a scar to show for it.

While Ruth and I were on vacation this month, we took a new route to Destin. In MS I saw a sign pointing to the town of Walnut. Sounded familiar. I called Mom. She verified it was the place where she lived when the accident occurred. She also said it was the church her dad was Pastor of when he enlisted as an Army chaplain in WW2.

Ruth and I wheeled into the town, and found the church. I sent pictures to mom. It seemed to please her that the church building was still there.