Tuesday, April 4, 2017

April 4

On Palm Sunday, the crowd yelled, "Hosanna." In addition to being a request meaning save now, Hosanna was a word of congratulations and good wishes, much like our words hurrah and huzzah.

This raised a new thought for me. I owe Spurgeon for it. There is a limit to what we can do for God, but no limit to what we can wish for Him.

If we can't serve God adequately with deeds, lay wishes on the altar. Give Him a desire, what you wish for Him. If we can't do a needed task, ask God to do it through someone else.

I can't preach all over the world as I should, but I'll do what I can, and pray for places I can't reach. I can't force others to serve Jesus, but I can wish for them to serve Him, and pray they will do it.

This is a wonderful way we can bless Jesus. We can let Him know we hurt for Him, for all He deserves but does not receive.