Thursday, September 10, 2009

Christmas Ruth

Ruth was hot at Silver Dollar City. As we approached the air
conditioned Christmas store, she said she was going to pretend to be
an ornament and hang on a tree the rest of the day.


Ruth and I are watching our calories. After one meal, Ruth checked a
calorie chart to see how much damage we had done. She gasped out
loud, "This says we would have to walk 200 miles to burn off that
meal." Wow. I knew it was a bit much, but 200 miles?


I was envisioning Ruth and me walking all the way to St. Louis. She
then held the book a bit closer, took off her glasses, squinted, and
said, "I'm sorry. It's 200 minutes, not miles."


I don't know why we were so relieved. A 200-minute walk is not
trite. Speaking of food, I had salsa and pickles for breakfast.
Don't face the day. Attack it.