Saturday, September 26, 2009

Nervous

You'd think I would not be nervous about preaching, after 42 years of
doing it. But let me tell you. I'm anxious about preaching to our
contemporary service tomorrow. The average age of that bunch is less
than half my age. Pray I will do well and be a blessing.


This "No Regrets" sermon series has been good for me. I'm setting
things right in my own life. Tomorrow's topic is baptism. Pray
people will come to see its importance.


A lady in Indonesia has given birth to the largest newborn ever. 19
pounds. Wow. He could join the WWF. The doctor said the baby has
the loudest cry he's ever heard. No surprise.


My Grandpa Hill weighed 15 pounds at birth. His mother was a huge
lady. No one knew she was pregnant till just before the birth.
Here's an oddity. Grandpa never had a weight problem. He was thin
all 90 years of his life. I guess my problem has been I was born too
small.