Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Clay DeWoody

After the preachers' meeting yesterday, Ruth and I drove to Fayette MO to
eat lunch with the new Pastor at Unity Baptist Church. Clay DeWoody is one
of our homegrown boys. He and his wife Erin left us in 2006 to attend
seminary at Southwestern. He has graduated and is back in Missouri.

Unity Church has called for Clay's ordination. We are in the process of
making arrangements to have the service here at Second. Pray for Clay and
Erin as they begin their first pastorate.

Returned to a pile of work. There's never a shortage of things to do. I'm
extremely tired (got home about 11 last night), but love what I'm doing.
God has blessed me every direction I turn. Thank you, Lord.

Humor helps. Bulletin bloopers. The couple requests your presents at their
wedding (How true!). Bless the Lord, and forget all His benefits (Happens
way too often). Lent prepares us for holy weed and Easter. The lovers in
the exhaust fan are not working.

Follow me on Twitter @john316marshall