Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Techno Learners

Ruth and I are struggling to find our way in this modern age we live
in. Blogs boggle the mind. Emails emaciate energy. Texts are a
Texas-size pain. Twitter twittles away time. Facebook fans are
fanatics.


Ruth and I love every second of it, but scramble to keep up. Last
night we spent the evening alone, reading in Twitter and Facebook
books for dummies.


At times we were too dumb to be called dummies. At other times we
were good dummies. Of course, even a gifted dummy is still a dummy.


And then, to top off our night of frustration, someone tweeted me a
quote from John Piper saying Twitter and Facebook are God's way of
proving to us we are not too busy to pray. Good grief. In addition
to frustration, now I bear guilt.


Before you take time today to check my blog, tweets, and Facebook,
please take a moment to pray. I will feel less guilty that way.


Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall