Saturday, October 31, 2009

Luther's Day

Happy Reformation Day. On this date in 1517 Luther nailed his 95
theses to the Wittenberg door. John Piper says Luther then took his
hammer and nails home and went to bed. Let me add, Luther fell
asleep; the world woke up.


If the Lord gives me strength, I will live long enough to celebrate
the 500th anniversary of the moment. Maybe Ruth and I will make a
pilgrimage to Germany that year. I wonder if the original door still
exists. If it does, I would probably stand in front of it and weep
like a blubbering idiot. Martin Luther, we stand at the salute.
Thank you.


Treatsville is ready to happen. We have about 170,000 pieces of
candy, and expect about 1200 trick or treaters. Come join the fun
5:30 to 8:00 pm.


Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall