Friday, October 23, 2009

While I slept

Where have I been these last few years? Social networking changed the
world while I was comatose.


I've learned things this week about Twitter and Facebook that are
numbing my brain. I'm seeing glimmers of the possibilities they offer
for tremendous Kingdom impact.


They are not a slam dunk though. Neither is for the faint of heart
nor for those who want to stay cloistered in their ivory towers. Nor
should they be the instrument of choice for the undisciplined. If you
can't set it aside and walk away from it in a timely manner, don't
start it. It can be addicting.


What about me? Put your ear up against this computer screen. Do you
hear barking in the background? This old dog is getting ready to
learn some new techno tricks.


If you want to run in this pack with me, try out Twitter
@john316marshall
and www.facebook.com/john316marshall