Sunday, December 12, 2010

LTG

For the first time in 52 years as a believer, I have started a Life Transformation Group.  Two of us meet once a week to discuss Bible passages we have read every day the week before. At our first meeting we discussed Titus.  This week it was Hebrews 1-4.  Next week it will be Hebrews 5-8.

My partner already has an unchurched friend who wants to start meeting with us.  We'll do that a while and then when we reach number four, we will split into two groups.  Only two or three at a time are allowed in a Life Transformation Group.  Who knows?  I may end up winning more people to Jesus by accident through this than I ever have on purpose using any other method.  I'll keep you posted.

Humor helps.  Mars has 37% of the gravity of Earth.  This means a 200-pound person (like me) on Earth would weigh only 74 pounds on Mars and could jump three times as high.  I have no interest in the jumping, but love the weight idea.  I am quite an anomaly.  As you know I am a perpetual pessimist.  I find this to be the best way to live, because life is full of pleasant surprises this way.  My oddity is that my blood type is A positive.  Pessimists usually have B negative.

Twitter @john316marshall
Facebook  john316marshall