Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Parliamentarian

There's a word that scares me to death. One of my assigned duties as President of the Missouri Baptist Convention is to serve as Moderator of the annual session and of the quarterly Executive Board meetings.


Today is my first plunge. It's unnerving. Second, being a staff-led church, has quarterly business meetings, in essence for accountability, not approval. Thus, "Robert's Rules of Order" is not used much.


As a result, I am rusty. Wes Hammond, my friend, First Vice President, and Pastor at FBC Paris MO, told me, "Don't be nervous. If you make a mistake you'll have 55 people in the room who will set you straight immediately." Somehow, that did not comfort me. All prayers appreciated.


Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall