Friday, December 3, 2010

Lunch with Dr. Tolliver

Today I will meet Dr David Tolliver for lunch in Lebanon MO.  This will be our first meeting since my election as President of the MBC.  Dr Tolliver is our Executive Director.  He and I really do like each other.  He laughs at my jokes.  I always appreciate that in a person.  By the way, I laugh at his jokes too.

I'm enjoying my role as MBC President.  I thought it would be a ceremonial burden, but I was wrong.  It is a position that matters, and one for which the obligations are not terribly stringent.  I'm glad I have this chance to serve the Convention I've been a part of for most of my life.

Both of my grandpas, my dad, my brother, and three of my uncles, have served as MBC Pastors.  It's safe to say our family loves the Missouri Baptist Convention.

Twitter @john316marshall
Facebook  john316marshall