Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Young Bucks and Me

I've been preaching 43 years.  That's quite a bit longer than the ages of the six guys I met with this morning to discuss the sermons I will preach in all three morning worship services January, 2, 9, and 16.  I was 20 years old before any of them were born.

What is going on here?  Well, I'm determined to stay in the learner mode.  I want to communicate well with this younger generation when I preach.  I felt I needed help on my 11:00 delivery and content, and decided these were the guys who could help me most.

I think I was a good listener this morning.  I received several helpful insights.  The guys and I will be getting together a few more times before I take to the pulpit in 2011.  Pray for us.  Pray we will be a blessing to each other. I'll keep you posted.

Humor helps.  A 3-year-old prayed, "Our Father, who does art in heaven, Harold is His name." A 4-year-old prayed, "Forgive us our trash baskets as forgive those who put trash in our baskets."

Twitter @john316marshall
Facebook  john316marshall