Saturday, January 28, 2017

"Fervent" book




I have devoted January to the study of prayer. This book is being studied by our ladies at Second under the tutelage of Paula Voris.

Ruth has been reading the book. She kept bragging on it, and saying I needed to read it due to my decision to focus on prayer.

Oh my! What a blessing. The book spoke to me in many ways. The author offers some great quotes, and the Scripture passages she uses are always pertinent to what she is saying at that moment.

One of my favorite teachings from the book is its strong emphasis on having a prayer strategy. If you do not have an organized system to pray, your prayers will always gravitate to me, my four, and no more.

If you don't have a prayer folder yet, buy one. If a folder is not for you, then find some other method to systematize and strategize your prayers.

I urge you to buy and read this book. You will not be disappointed.