Tuesday, January 17, 2017

New Prayer Regimen

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I am going to change my daily devotion structure, for the first time in over 30 years. For sure I am going to set a schedule to read the entire Bible in a year. After doing this, I may break my daily private time, what Andrew Murray called inner chamber time, into three distinct parts.

One, I will have a Bible/meditation time. I will read the Word, and seek words that speak to me significantly at that moment. Two, I will have a prayer folder time. This will allow for assorted types of praying. Three, I will pray over connection cards requests from Sunday. I am a Pastor; I enjoy praying for my flock.

Sometimes I will do these three together; other times I will do them separately. I'll experiment with this, and see how it goes. Stay tuned. More info later.