Monday, January 30, 2017

"Prayer" by Tim Keller

I decided to spend the month of January focusing my study and reading on prayer. It has been a marvelous experience. I have read several books; all have been helpful. The most helpful book, beside the Bible of course, is Tim Keller's book "Prayer."

This should come as no surprise. Keller is one of the most gifted Pastors in all the USA. His Redeemer Presbyterian Church in NYC has helped start over 240 churches. His writings are prolific and profound. "Prayer" is the fourth book of his that I would consider must-reads.

The other three are "The Reason for God", "The Prodigal God", and "Walking with God through Pain and Suffering". Each of these books had a profound effect on me. The first is a powerful apologetic defending our faith. The second is a masterful tribute to the loving kindness of God. The third is self-explanatory; it helped me with several things in my life that I struggle with.

Keller's book on prayer is a masterpiece. His research seems exhaustless; he mines a lot of gold. He then takes this massive amount of information and boils it down to everyday application. This book will help your prayer life. I did read other books; I'll discuss them on this blog later. God bless you as you pray earnestly and daily.