Friday, November 6, 2009

Cyberspacing

Yes, you read it right. I have created a new word, a prerogative I
like to exercise at times. Cyberspacing refers to things people do in
cyberspace.


Why create a word? Here's my story. I have kept a diary every day
since July 20, 1976, the day Viking I landed on Mars. Each day I
chronicle activities I've done. I grew weary of repeatedly writing
out emailed, texted, blogged, tweeted, and Face Booked. I decided to
lump them under one umbrella. Presto!! Cyberspacing.


I'm reminded of President Jackson's response when someone made fun of
his spelling. "It's a very narrow way of thinking to say a word can
be spelled only one way." I think it's a very narrow way of thinking
to say a noun cannot be verbized. Did I just create another new word?

Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall