Saturday, November 7, 2009

Sleep Driving

I preached a missions sermon last night at First Baptist Church Union
MO. On the way home, about 11:45 pm, I was getting sleepy. Ruth woke
up in the back seat and said, "I've had a good nap, let me drive." I
said something in response. The back seat was silent. I looked at
Caleb and said, "Remember, this is the person who wanted to drive for
us."


Second has sole responsibility for feeding Springfield through Grand
Oak Mission throughout November. Load up your shopping carts. Fill
your car trunks. Let's share our bounty with the poor.


Tomorrow night we will host the ordination of Clay DeWoody to the
Gospel ministry. Clay grew up at Second, graduated from Southwestern
Seminary, and is the new Pastor at Unity Baptist Church in Fayette
MO. It's always an honor to ordain one of our own.


Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall