Friday, November 13, 2009

Gary Crawford

Gary's wife went to Heaven yesterday after many years of fighting cancer.
Gary is Pastor at Westside Baptist Church in Gainesville FL. He and I met
on mission trip to China in 1997. We two strangers spent a tough night in a
communist compound and have been close friends ever since. Gary came out of
a mission trip to Russia under gunfire, but said the night we spent in the
compound was much scarier.

I don't think about that night much. It's long ago now. Gary's loss of
Freda makes that distant memory seem like a party. To lose yourself, your
other self, your better (truly) half, is a grief I'd rather not contemplate.
I hugged Ruth extra hard this morning.

Pray for Gary and the family. Pray for Westside Baptist Church.

Follow me on Twitter @john316marshall
Read my blog at www.secondbaptist.org

Watch our Sunday services live on the internet, www.secondbaptist.org, at
8am, 9:30am, 11am, and 6pm, USA Central Time.