Thursday, December 10, 2009

Best President Trivia Ever!!

I always have enjoyed trivia. My close friend in St Louis, John
Wonsewitz, says I am the world's largest compendium of useless
information.


On Facebook I read the other day that President John Tyler still had
two grandsons living. Impressive. It would not let me go. I had to
dig this one out for myself, because if it's true, it has to be the
biggest President trivia fact of my existence.


Oh my goodness!! It is true. Let me tell you how impossible this
seems. John Tyler was born in 1790, when George Washington was
President. As a boy, Tyler attended Washington's funeral.


When 63 years old, Tyler fathered Lyon Tyler in 1853. At ages 71 and
75, Lyon gave birth to Lyon Jr and Harrison Tyler in 1924 and 1928.
Both are still living. I wonder if they plan to have more children.
Look out, Abraham and Sarah.


iTunes Ruth Marshall
Family blog www.yeebird.blogspot.com
Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall