Thursday, December 17, 2009

Elliptical Religion

I came downstairs to walk on the elliptical. I had my large print
Bible at the ready, but saw another book on the elliptical.


It was Ruth's Bible lying open. Nearby was Lloyd Ogilvie's book
"Quiet Moments With God." Ruth's Bible was carefully marked and not
large print. Thus I reverently removed it, set it by Ogilvie's book,
and started my own stationary run (walk) through Acts 13-19 with the
Apostle Paul.


In 22 minutes he and I covered Asia Minor and Europe. Faster than a
speeding bullet.


When Paul and I finished our missionary work, I removed my Bible and
dutifully returned Ruth's to its rightful spot Let me encourage you
to have a prayer closet and a Bible elliptical.


www.yeebird.blogspot.com
Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall