Monday, June 8, 2009

Family History Mystery

Had wonderful staff meetings this morning. It always makes for a better Monday when we have additions at all four worship services on Sunday. Yesterday was a heaven-sent day. I needed the uplift. I went home feeling everyone had been blessed by having been in church.

Thank you for your kind comments about my preaching the annual sermon for the Southern Baptist Convention. When you chat with a choir member or orchestra member, please take time to thank them for going. They have a huge part of the Wednesday morning session. I think they have been allotted more time than I will have for the message. Amen. Let them raise the roof.

I’ll spend the next 30 hours involved in a huge family history project. I’m not going to tell you what it is. I’ll wait till it’s done and then give you a report on Wednesday. Mysteries are fun. I know the suspense will kill you.

Humor helps. Comments on patient charts. Patient has chest pain if she lies on her left side for over a year (I assume her right side is tougher). The knee was better yesterday; today it disappeared completely (a sad loss indeed).