Friday, June 12, 2009

I Woke Up

Yep, it’s early again. 6:08 a.m. Something has gone haywire with my internal clock. Something foul’s afoot. A new me has suddenly awakened (pun intended).

My assistant Angie asked me if I was worried about preaching the SBC annual sermon. I told her I don’t think so. As the date draws nearer, I sense more of the weight and gravity of it, but I don’t think I’m real nervous about it. Keep praying.

Ruth and I went to see a movie last night. It was touted as a family kind of movie, a romantic comedy. I do love romantic comedies, but this movie was too vulgar for me. Speaking of something foul afoot, there seems to be a deep seated, immoral problem in the Hollywood movie scene these days.

I have now finished six of the ten articles on Missouri Baptist history. Number seven may be done by the end of today.

My first task today is to finish Sunday’s sermon manuscript. I’m preaching about how the gates of Hell will not prevail against Christ’s church. Exciting stuff.