Saturday, June 6, 2009

Rebekah's Blog Award

Office, 8:36 a.m. 66 degrees. Slept later this morning. I needed it. I am not a morning person. After getting up early two mornings in a row, I have to pay the piper. I’ll leave soon to watch Ian play t-ball. Herding cats.

I was the first blogger in my family, but am not the best. My over-achiever daughter Rebekah has a scrapping web site www.yeebird.blogspot.com that won a big award this week. She won the Patter Cross Punch Organizer award. You can read about it at www.triplethescraps.blogspot.com. Maybe I could win a dog blogging award based on what I’ve written about Jake and Millie. Better yet, maybe I should compile my writings into a book for dog lovers.

Speaking of Jake and Millie, last night at the Bellwether, one of the paintings was of a dog. The artist, acquainted with my blog, hung the piece in honor of Jake and Millie. They will be available for autographs after I return from Ian’s game.

D-Day was 65 years ago today. Hitler believed his fortifications on the beaches of France would last 300 years. Our soldiers took them down in one day. God bless our veterans and servicepeople.