Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Old as Jess-Jess

Had salsa and soup for breakfast. Salsa should be on everyone’s list as a staple breakfast food.

We should do away with the concept of salsa and chips, and replace it with salsa and straws. I think we should suck salsa in. This would reduce calories, and also reduce the number of stains we get on our clothes from the ridiculous gesture of trying to balance salsa on a flat chip.

I played with Ian (age 4) on the trampoline. He wore me out. When he asked why I was resting, I said I was old. He thought a moment and said, “Grandpa, you’re as old as Jess-Jess.” Ouch. Jess-Jess is Ian’s great-grandpa. He’s 93.

Some of our friends have a new dog. I said, “It’s a Jack Henry.” Ruth said, “No, it’s not! It’s a Jack Daniel.” Ian rolled his eyes and muttered, “Jack Russell.” We were howling. Ruth wouldn’t know a Jack Daniel if she saw one. Come to think of it, I wouldn’t know a Jack Russell if I saw one. I think it’s one of those nervous dogs. Jake and Millie could tell me.