Saturday, June 13, 2009

Feeling Human

I slept later today. O blessed sleep! I actually feel human. This is the good news.

The bad news is, my new computer is in and will be installed on my desk Monday morning. Our computer guru, Sam Arthur, is “loading” it as we speak. Sounds to me like he’s putting bullets in it to fire at me. It might as well be shooting me, for all the pain it’s going to cause me. I promise you, tears will be shed next week.

At least one friend is true blue, trying to understand and sympathize. My friend Bruce Chesser, Pastor in Little Rock, texted me words of comfort. “I just had to get a new computer. I will pray for you. I slept with my old one last night. It is just so hard to let it go. It knows me. It accepts me.” I agree. Thanks, Bruce. The pain is lessened a bit.

I’ll soon go to High Street to see grandson Ian (age 4) play t-ball. Thursday night at practice the team started kicking and throwing dirt a bit too much. Coach had to call them in for a huddle and encourage them to keep their focus. One boy hit the ball and took off running for first base. The child on first base got confused. Instead of running to second base, he took off straight for home. In the middle, the boys collided head on. This caused another break in the action.