Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ben and LCR

Ben Pilgreen and I spent the last two days in sunny southern Florida at the annual Large Church Roundtable meeting. It is my favorite Pastor meeting of the year. About 20 of us Pastors sit in a large circle and talk about church finances, staff relationships, denominational issues, what’s working, what’s not working, what’s trendy, what’s here to stay, etc. No agenda, just nuts and bolts stuff about getting the ministry done right. On and on it goes from noon Monday till noon Tuesday.

Richard Harman, my blog comedy researcher, is on the mend. He is now at home. Thus, he is able to return to what he does well, finding funnies for this blog.

Would anyone like to guess what my desk looks like? I have two desks. Both look like mayhem has invaded my life. Maybe the top of a desk does say something about its owner.

Humor helps. Jake’s bio. Jake’s ancestry is a duke’s mixture. He was found on the street by a friend of Caleb’s Aunt Deidre. He had probably been abused, because at the time he was terrified at sticks and people. The friend nursed him, kept him, and took good care of him for four months.