Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Call me Phil 3:16

Remember all the fuss I made about Punxsutawney Phil trumping Phil Roethlisberger? My bad. Major gaff. Roethlisberger is a Ben, not a Phil. Oh well, it still made for an interesting blog.

Dr. David Tolliver is the new Executive Director for our Missouri Baptist Convention. The Executive Board called him yesterday on a 44-4 secret ballot vote. It was an honor to serve on the search committee. Congratulations to David and Myra.

Tonight I am preaching on missions. Tomorrow I will be cloistered preparing sermons. Pray for me today and tomorrow. Thank you.

Humor helps. Pilot/mechanic interchanges. Number 3 engine missing; Engine found on right wing after brief search. Aircraft handles funny; Aircraft warned to straighten up, fly right, and be serious. Target radar hums; Reprogrammed target radar with lyrics. Mouse in cockpit; Cat installed. Noise under panel sounds like someone pounding on something with a hammer; Took hammer away.