Friday, February 6, 2009

Football Roosters

Today is Rebekah’s birthday. I remember the event well. I almost lost my dear wife that day, but I later came home with my two precious ladies okay. God smiled on me through a good doctor, who died days later trying to cut down a tree.

Barron Hagerman and Betsy Shock will wed tonight. She’s one of two vocalists in our 11:00 praise band. Barron helps on the media deck and contributes to running our computers. I’m not a matchmaker, but I did long encourage Barron to ask Betsy out. I’m glad he came to his senses in time.

I enjoyed preaching in South Carolina. I have now preached out there several times. Each time I have been well received. Go Gamecocks!! I wonder who thought of naming a team for a rooster?

Humor helps. I saw something pitiful today. Jake was sitting outside the new gate, peering longingly at the back door. Sad. I may need to buy him a Wiggly Giggly Toy ($14), whatever that is, or maybe a Bar-B-Chew ($7), which tastes like they’re hot off the grill, or maybe a skunk stuffing toy which has squeakers in the head and tail ($6). Or maybe I’ll talk to Ruth and see if she feels guilty about keeping the dogs off the back deck. I’m not optimistic about the outcome of this.