Saturday, February 14, 2009

Better

I’m better today. I coughed all night, but the congestion and stuffed-up head feeling is gone. I’m taking Mucinex today, hoping it will help slow down nose drainage.

I will preach tomorrow. Thank you, Lord. When a Sunday goes by without my having a chance to preach, it’s a sad day. My whole philosophy of ministry is, clear off a spot and let me preach.

Last night we celebrated Ruth’s birthday. She shares Lincoln’s birthday. Today is Valentines Day. There’s no doubt about who has been my Valentine for the last 38 years. Five weeks before we married, Ruth gave me a Valentines Day gift I still have. It was a little box which, when opened, had a heart that vibrated. She still makes my heart flutter.

Humor helps. Parent bloopers. Excuse Freddie’s absence; he had the fuel (I hope he didn’t have a match). Please accuse Michael from being absent; he was aleing (underage drinking). George was absent yesterday due to a sore trout (poor fish).