Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Wonderful Day

A wonderful day off. At 6:30 a.m. I emailed Rebekah reminding her every day is a good day (she broke her neck 14 years ago today in a car wreck). Took John and Caleb to breakfast at McDonalds. Took Caleb and Ian to school. Picked up Ruth and Lilly Ruth. Ruth shopped at Aldi’s (whose owner, by the way, is one of the richest men in the world) while Lilly Ruth and I enjoyed strolling at Bass Pro Shops.

Ruth brought Ian from school, retrieved Lilly Ruth and me, and the four of us went to McDonalds (or as Ian calls it, “Old McDonalds”–as in the famous song about the farm). His toy treat was a watch. He put it on, stared at it a moment and then said very dramatically, “Grandpa, it’s time to eat again.” He looked at it again and said very seriously, “Grandpa, it’s time to watch a video.” Caleb came home from school sick. I took Ruth home to take care of him. Took Ian and Lilly Ruth home.

Bought Ruth’s birthday and Valentines Day gift. It’s a new cell phone. She was giddy. I can’t tell you how happy it makes me to make her happy. Took Caleb, though sick, to an orthodontist appointment. Ruth and Caleb worked on a science fair project tonight. I took Sam out for a while. We went to watch Nathan and Ian play bowling on the Wii. Sam enjoys watching that. Came home. Went to bed feeling I had just finished a wonderful day filled with stuff that mattered.