Friday, February 27, 2009

Technicolor Marriage

My mathematical mind kicked in this week. I was 19 when I married Ruth. I am now 57. This means I have been married to her for two-thirds of my life. The first third was lived out in black and white, these last two-thirds in technicolor.

My Grandpa Marshall died 29 years ago today. He was my emotional soul-mate. He and I were very much alike in our outlooks on life. I still miss him. It’s hard to believe he’s been gone more than half of my life. He influenced me greatly.

I spoke to 25 students last night at the Baptist Student Center on the Missouri State University campus. Want to guess my assigned topic? Right. Missions. I enjoyed every second of it. I spoke and answered questions. I loved the banter. At the end, I participated with the students in a time of footwashing.

More Jake bio info. After Caleb’s aunt’s friend had kept Jake four months, she felt she would have to give him away. Caleb’s aunt took him and kept him a year. He was an indoor dog at the time (never again!!).