Sunday, December 14, 2008

Bad Weather Coming?

The Magi and I are ready to preach. The star is guiding, Bethlehem is beckoning, and the congregation is ready (I hope). This morning’s sermon should be fun.

Is bad weather really coming, or are we being set up for another letdown? Either way, I’m prepared. I have several sermons in my briefcase to edit, and lots of books to read at home. After the holidays, I have to preach on money and missions. Both topics require research. A storm might actually help me in this regard.

Humor helps. Wacky but actual headlines. Caskets found as workers demolish mausoleum (imagine that). Poison Control Center reminds everyone not to take poison (Whew! This warning came just in time. I’ve been admiring the rat poison box lately.). Agents raid gun shop, find weapons (You don’t mean it!). Statistics show teen pregnancy drops off significantly after age 25 (Wow. Brilliant.).