Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Long Year

2008 will be one of the longest years of our lives. It is a leap year, having 366 days, and tonight will be given a leap second. At 11:59:59 tonight an extra second will be added on to the astronomical clock to keep our calendar closely aligned with Earth’s slowing spin on its axis. If you have a few extra chores you need to finish before 2009, this is your chance.

I read an item in the paper I hope Jake and Millie never hear about. It would offend them. The paper said it is natural for dogs to have stinky feet. I agree with this, but feel sorry for the unlucky guy who did the research. Evidently this canine problem is made worse by much bathing. It disrupts the natural bacterial ratio on the skin. Once a month is the suggested bathing regimen to help dogs with smelly feet. Does this mean my feet will smell better if I shower only once a month?

What are your New Years resolutions? Mine are to read the entire Bible, lose weight, and be a better dog owner. I’m 33% optimistic about my chances of success.