Sunday, December 28, 2008

Breakfast Variety

My son-in-law Nathan gave me a very thoughtful Christmas present: a box full of breakfast goodies: salsa, pickles, lemons, Granny Smith apples. I’ve been indulging myself out of it the last three mornings.

John and I are still competing, on a race to 200 pounds. Did I say race? I would be more accurate to say slow crawl. I think I’m winning at this point, but not by much. I’ll keep you posted.

Ben Pilgreen will preach all our services this morning. His dad is in town. I look forward to meeting him. I’ve heard a lot of great things about him. One thing is for sure: he raised a fine son.

Humor helps. Gifts I could have bought Jake and Millie for Christmas. Absorbent Piddle Pads (to absorb you know what) cost only $15. Automatic Aerosol Deodorizer costs $40. Clean Away Stain Remover, which removes everything your dog leaves behind (and I do mean everything), is only $8. Next year I will encourage Jake and Millie to write a letter to Santa Paws. Sorry. I couldn’t resist.