Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas 2008

I hope your Christmas was as wonderful as mine was. Having 2542 attend on Christmas Eve got things going the right direction. It is impressive to see that many candles burning at one time. We individually shine for Jesus like a spotlight, but collectively we shine like a floodlight.

On Christmas morning Ruth, John, Caleb, Sam and I left the house at 9:30 a.m. We drove to celebrate Christmas with Nathan, Rebekah, Ian, and Lilly Ruth. At the height of the festivities, Ian, who was totally surrounded by a pile of toys, dropped one of his figurines, and said, “Where’s my toy?” We all looked at the mountain of toys around him. Rebekah broke the silence. “You will have to be more specific.” We all cracked up.

The Christmas gift of the year was to me from Rebekah. She had my first year of blogs transcribed into a book, fully illustrated with pictures she collected. I had to fight with all my might to keep from crying out loud. I was totally stunned. I read it on the way to St. Louis. It was a holiday stroll down memory lane. I’ll share more Christmas thoughts tomorrow.