Saturday, December 13, 2008

Bagwell Light Show

I took my grandson Sam to see a synchronized lights/music display last night. He loved it. It’s the Bagwell families’ two-house display on Cambridge, just off Lustre north of Battlefield Road. The whole scene is riveting and flawless, with only one drawback: traffic. It was congested, to say the least.

As I was leaving I saw a huge stretch limo pulling into line to see the show. I always wonder who is in those things–the President, Secretary of State, Superman, Batman, Larry Boy, etc. I’ve never been in a stretch limo. Must be nice.

I’m getting myself all pumped up to ring the Salvation Army bell at 11 a.m. Tonight Ruth and I are taking the candlelight tour at Wilson Creek Battle Field, and then heading to the Pilgreens for supper. What a day. I love it.

Humor helps. Actual headlines. Alton attorney accidentally sues himself. County to pay $250,000 to advertise lack of funds (tax dollars at work). Volunteers search for old Civil War planes (we thought the Wright brothers flew first). Army camouflage vehicle disappears (duh?).