Friday, December 12, 2008

Grand Germs

Grandparenting is wonderful. We share life, love, toys, and time with grandchildren. We also share their germs. Ruthie is under the weather a bit, but she doesn’t mind. She feels it’s a small price to pay to be a grandmother. Can you catch a cold from a dog?

Tomorrow I will ring the Salvation Army bell at the mall. It’s one of the most fun things I do at Christmastime. I love to open doors for people, and crack jokes. I especially like it when someone recognizes me and says with shock, “Dr. Marshall?” What a hoot. They act surprised to see me in this role.

It’s Friday. Sunday is fast approaching. Sermon work is calling me. Pray for me this weekend.

Humor helps. A pharmacy student used a sample pill bottle label as a bookmark in his chemistry textbook; the label read, “May cause drowsiness”. Scientists have finally figured out what’s wrong with mankind. The left half of our brains has nothing right in it; the right half has nothing left in it.