Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Amnesia Diet

Ruth and I slipped away for an overnighter to celebrate our anniversary. We went to a restaurant, ordered a nice meal, and ended up discovering a new weight loss idea. Trying to be careful, we put a lot of the meal in a to-go box. Back at the hotel, Ruth asked, “Where’s the leftover food?” “I thought you had it.” There you have it!! A new weight-loss idea. Fill a to-go box full and leave it at the restaurant.

I called Bob Roberts to say I was sorry this morning’s rain spoiled our church’s plans to work at our Victory Garden. Oh ye of little faith!! There were 18 hardy souls out there working in the mud and slush and you-know-what. Unbelievable.

I’m at church right now getting ready for tomorrow. I’ll be present, but Ben Pilgreen will preach all three services in the morning. I plan to take a few days off next week over Spring Break. I need the rest. Thanks for praying.

Humor helps. We mathematicians love math jokes. Ratio of an igloo’s circumference to its diameter: Eskimo Pi. A Won-ton is 2000 pounds of Chinese soup. The weight an evangelist carries with God: one billigram (think about it). 1000 aches and pains: one megahurtz. 365.25 days equals one unicycle.