Friday, March 27, 2009

Groveling on the Floor

The internet outage did not hurt me as bad as I thought it would. I crumpled to the floor in a fetal position only three times (just kidding). It was amazing to see how much of our work is done through cyberspace. We were at times twiddling our thumbs, looking for things to do. We cleaned out drawers that hadn’t been emptied in years. I almost made it through the whole stack of stuff on my desk.

The biggest downside to being incommunicado yesterday for me was, it threw me a day late on sermon preparation. I’m playing catch-up today. Pray for me.

My right eye has been hurting lately. I’m not sure what’s wrong. Pray it will not be a distraction to me today as I prepare the sermon.

Humor helps. What jet pilots think of helicopters. Anything that whirls its way into the sky flies according to unnatural principles. A helicopter flight is a bunch of spare parts flying in close formation. You never see old helicopters laying around an airport like you do old planes; there is a reason for this. Come to think of it, old helicopter pilots are rarely seen; not a good omen. Helicopter pilots are intense, ever ready in case a piece of something falls off.