Monday, March 30, 2009

Double Birthdays

Our family celebrates double birthdays today. Sam is 10 (double digits). Ian is 4 (a precious age). This morning John told Sam happy birthday. Sam said, “Happy birthday to you, light off please,” and rolled over. So much for holiday cheer.

Before church started last night I was enjoying the congregation’s laughter about my scalped scalp. Then I turned around and saw my sweet, quiet Ruth holding a microphone in her hand. I gasped. My first thought was, does she have a license to use that? Her “Mohawk” jab was a classic. Ruth and I are having a blast in life. After last night, I’ve made an executive decision. Rather than go into comedy alone, I’ve decided Ruth and I need to be a dynamic duo. We would be hilarious.

I have staff meetings this morning. After lunch I have to do some recordings for TV and radio spots about Easter. Pray the Lord will bless today.

Humor helps. Math humor. Four nickels equals two paradigms. Basic unit of laryngitis: one hoarsepower. Shortest distance between two jokes: a straight line (think about it). 453.6 graham crackers equals one pound cake. One long Sunday produces one tired Monday (I am living proof of this fact).