Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Mooing Ducks

I spent my day off yesterday with the grandkids. I took 20-month-old Lilly Ruth to the premiere children’s site in all of Missouri, Bass Pro Shops. My grandchildren have always been able to wander in there for hours and enjoy it.

A huge catfish came swimming toward us and suddenly turned up toward the surface. Lilly Ruth said in amazement, “Whale!!” When we saw the ducks, I asked, “What do ducks say?” Without a moment’s hesitation, she replied, “Moo.”

At McDonalds I bought Ian ice cream. I asked if I could have some of his. He said, “Sure,” stuck the tip of his finger in the ice cream, and then held it up for me lick a little off. I could tell he wasn’t keen on sharing much of his ice cream.

At supper, Ian was talking with his mouth full. His dad said, “Don’t talk with your mouth full. I can’t understand you.” As seriously and innocently as possible, he replied, “But, Daddy, I was talking to Grandma, not you.” Unassailable logic.

I cooked 3 turkey patties on our George Foreman grill. I forgot about them. By the time I remembered, I had 3 turkey nuggets. Jake and Millie enjoyed them.