Saturday, March 28, 2009

I thought Uconn was in Alaska

Way to go, Mizzou. When I finish here at the office, I’m headed to watch the game at a friend’s house. I regret the fact they are playing maybe the best team in the USA, but am proud of the fact they made it to the Elite Eight, which by the way, I still think should be called the Great Eight, for rhyming, poetic reasons. But alas! No one asked my opinion.

My eye did okay yesterday. Thanks for praying. People think I make a living by preaching. Not so. My occupation is reading. The 25-minute voice-intensive sermons are merely the overflow and outcome of many hours spent in eye-intensive study.

Yesterday I had all four of my grandchildren in our van for the first time. What glorious chaos. Ruth was driving. I was in the far back seat, serving as monitor, emcee, and chief law enforcer. They were wonderful. Life is good.

Humor helps. What do retirees call a long lunch? Normal. What is the best way to describe retirement? Unending Coffee Break. Why do retirees enjoy going back to school? If they cut class, no one calls their parents.