Monday, March 23, 2009

Stylin'

I got a haircut on Saturday. I showed up at church yesterday with the shortest hair I’ve had in years, maybe ever. I thought you might like to read some unsolicited comments I received from our church people.

You look younger the other way. Who gave you that butch? It looked like a Mohawk from the side. Your summer haircut. You had an appointment with a barber. I didn’t recognize you. Looks good. Looks hip. Stylin’. You got every hair cut. Two cuts for one price. I thought you got drafted. Takes 10 years off your life. Makes you look older. No curling iron needed on that doo. You found a barber. The lawn mower got loose. What happened to you?

The most memorable remark came from my grandson Caleb (age 12). “Grandpa, you needed a haircut. I was getting tired of your puffed-up hair. Grandpa, do you know why television preachers like fluffy hair? Because it gives them a place to stick their money.” Ouch.