Sunday, January 25, 2009

$25,000 for Victory Mission

I’m not preaching today at all. I feel useless, numb, unwanted, uncared for. Other than that, I’m fired up for church. Our long awaited annual Global Impact Celebration will end next Sunday after a week of missions revelry.

John and I are in the last week of our race to 200. He’s winning. I believe I can pass him if I eat or drink nothing for the next seven days.

Lilly Ruth had to be taken to Urgent Care yesterday. Croop caused her oxygen level to drop. She’s still struggling this morning. Thanks for praying. Caleb is better, suffering only a little discomfort after passing the kidney stone this week.

I awoke to an email from Dick and Ginny Haymes telling me the garage sale at Remingtons raised over $25,000 to bless the homeless through Victory Mission. Over 250 of our Second Baptist people helped. Way to go.

Humor helps. National Oats Month info. Treat poison oak with an oatmeal paste. Apply it liberally on the rash and leave it for twenty minutes. Folklore says, as the oatmeal dries, it absorbs oils that make the poison itch and spread. Peel (lick?) off the paste and wash the affected area gently.