Saturday, January 31, 2009

Jogging Shorts

Tomorrow is D-Day. John and I will determine which of us has drawn the closest to 200. I fear he’s winning by a few pounds. My confidence was shaken this morning when he told me his shorts fell off while he was jogging on the treadmill. Well, well, well. Don’t you wish you had a video of that?

Health update. Caleb and Lilly Ruth are doing well. My assistant Angie is better. She was able to walk from one room to another yesterday for the first time.

Humor helps. Final National Oatmeal Month thoughts. To celebrate oats, some Americans (I’d like to meet one) will choose to create a home made oatmeal bath (you’ve got to be kidding) by grinding oats in a food processor and then steaming it in a warm bath (I am not making this up). The moisturizing, soothing effect is remarkably enjoyable. It helps relieve symptoms of almost any skin disorder, including excessively winter dry skin (that’s the clincher for me. I’m in.). As National Oatmeal Month closes, take a moment to meditate on personal health. Think of yourself, and then while you’re at it, donate some oats to a local food shelter, thereby providing the gift of healthy living to those less fortunate. (Wow. I never knew oats could be a humanitarian item. I am deeply touched. A tear is lingering on my cheek. Just kidding. Pardon my cynicism.)